What can others do?
We asked the young people we spoke to what others could do to help them to communicate. Here are some of the suggestions they had:
- Be friendly, so you don’t feel silly if you get something wrong.
- Be really clear when giving an instruction
- Speak slower and pronounce clearly.
- Reduce the background noise.
- Reduce numbers of people that you have to speak in front of
These are useful tips. What else would make it easier for you? Make a list, and tell people you know what would help you.