In this section you will find a number of real-life situatiuons. Some are written by the parents of the child concerned, in some cases, they are provided by practitioners, schools or organisations that worked with the child.
Thanks to all the parents who have written their accounts for Talking Point:
- Anna's needs were not identified, even though her mother was sure something was wrong.
- Becky's adoptive parents had concerns about her speech and language.
- Matthew, aged 8, has been cared for by his childminder Anne Hodgson, in Otley, Leeds since he was 6 months old.
- Patrick has SLI and after a few attempts at support, he eventually went to I CAN's Dawn House School.This account is written by his mother.
- Chloe's story, written by her mother, gives the history of her daughter's speech and language difficulties from birth to 16 years of age.